Fluffy, cheesy, buttery potatoes with crispy bacon – all baked in a crunchy potato skin. We’re declaring a major comfort food alert on these stuffed potato skins.
2 Baking Potatoes
Back Bacon (Smoked or Un-smoked – it’s up to you!)
80g Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar – Grated
Salt & Pepper
- Start by baking your potatoes in the oven until crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. If you want to speed up the process…microwave the potatoes first for 3-5 minutes. Remember to pierce the skin with a fork or knife first!
- Meanwhile, get cracking with your bacon. Either fry, using Yorkshire Butter in a pan or grill for extra crisp!
- Slice the potatoes in half and scoop out the fluffy potato flesh into a bowl (careful not to burn your hands). Once your bacon is ready, slice into strips or dice into smaller chunks.
- Add a few dollops of Yorkshire Butter, salt & pepper and mash together, stir in crispy bacon bits and 1/2 of your grated cheese.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, then place back in the oven for another 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle over some fresh chives and dig in! Question is…do you go in with a fork or just your hands?