A sumptuous toastie that tastes as good as it looks. The richness of pulled beef brisket tossed generously in barbecue sauce, sandwiched between two good slices of bread with caramelised onion and melted Yorkshire Red cheese. Decadence!
2 slices of Jacksons Champion White Bloomer
60g Yorkshire Creamery Yorkshire Red, cut into slices 2 to 3mm thick
Riggwelter Pulled Beef – Click here for the recipe!
1 medium onion, finely sliced
Yorkshire rapeseed oil
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add a glug of rapeseed oil (about a tablespoon) and gently cook the sliced onion until golden and caramelised, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to a medium to a high temperature then toast the bread on one side.
- Butter the bread generously on both sides right to the edges.
- Lay half of the cheese on one slice (on the toasted side). Then top generously with pulled beef and scatter with caramelised onions.
- Place the rest of the cheese on top followed by the other slice of bread (toasted side down).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a low to medium heat, then place the sandwich in the frying pan and toast for about 3 minutes before carefully flipping the sandwich over using a spatula. Continue to toast the sandwich for a further 3 minutes on the other side.
- To melt the cheese further, place the toastie on a baking tray in a hot oven. It’s ready when the cheese has melted and oozing out of the sandwich.
- Let the toastie cool for a few minutes before slicing in half and eating.
- Serve with slices of pickled cucumber and a side of BBQ Riggwelter sauce for dipping! See recipe here!
Recipe by Paul Robinson (Yorkshire Gourmet)