Ah – now we have your attention!! Combine two Yorkshire ‘greats’ to create this heart-stoppingly delicious toastie!
First, you’ll need to make the Yorkshire Rarebit! The below Rarebit recipe creates enough for 4 servings, perfect if you’d like to enjoy it melted on toast, in a bacon bap or on its own when you have the munchies!!
Yorkshire Rarebit Recipe:
- 150ml of Black Sheep Ale
- 50ml of whipping cream
- 15ml of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Half a dessert spoon of Dijon mustard
- 200g each of Yorkshire Cheddar, Yorkshire Red and Double Yorkshire cheese – grated
- Add the Black Sheep Ale, whipping cream, Yorkshire sauce, seasoning and mustard to a pan, whisk together and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the ingredients and reduce by about a half, this will take about 10mins.
- Take off the heat.
- Mix the grated cheeses together in a bowl.
- Add the reduced cream and Black Sheep Ale liquid and mix thoroughly until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment-lined container such as a loaf tin.
- Press down very firmly to ensure the mixture is tightly packed into the tin.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours until set firm.
- When the Yorkshire Rarebit mix is set, it will be firm enough for slicing into 0.5cm thick pieces.
To make a Toastie: Ingredients
- 2 slices of thick bread
- 1 tbsp Yorkshire Butter
- 2 slices of Yorkshire Rarebit
1. Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 tsp Yorkshire Butter. Place one slice, butter-side down in the hot frying pan.
3. Top with Yorkshire rarebit and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the other slice of bread butter-side up on top of the sandwich. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the Yorkshire rarebit is melted, about 3 – 5 minutes per side.