A cheesesteak is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long ‘sub’ roll. A popular regional fast food, it has its roots in the U.S. city of Philadelphia – Doug Crampton, Head Chef at James Martin MCR and Chef Live has taken it and given it a Yorkshire Twist…and we’re going weak at the knees for this delicious dish!
1 x 6oz Sirloin
2 x slices of thickly sliced sourdough
2 tbsp caramelised onions
100g Extra mature Yorkshire Cheddar
10g Yorkshire Butter
English Mustard Mayo Ingredients:
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
2tsp English mustard
- Season the sirloin steak with salt and black pepper and sear on either side for 1 minute, remove from the heat and rest.
- Lightly oil the sourdough and griddle
- Butter each side of the griddled sourdough.
- For the mustard mayo, combine the mustard and mayonnaise
- Spread the mustard mayo liberally on each side of the griddled sourdough
- On each side of the sourdough add the grated cheese followed by the onions.
- Add the sliced sirloin steak.
- Add More cheese, followed by the top piece of sourdough.
- Place in a grill pan and cook evenly on each side (until the cheese has melted and bread is golden brown)
Recipe by Doug Crampton – Head Chef at James Martin MCR and Chef Live
@chefdougcrampton & @chef_live_