Who agrees with us that during these very strange times of self-isolation and social distancing that we need some comfort in our lives? We’ve been cooking up some delicious toasties in the kitchen and can’t wait to share them with you! First up, our very popular Mac ‘n’ Extra Mature Yorkshire Cheddar toastie.
- 150g macaroni pasta
- 25g plain flour
- 25g Yorkshire Butter
- 300ml milk
- 150g grated Yorkshire Cheddar
- 8 slices white bread
- Yorkshire Butter, for spreading
Prepare the macaroni cheese:
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than on the pack, then drain and put to one side
- In a small saucepan, add flour and Yorkshire Butter. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown. Pour in the milk in stages, starting with a small amount, whisking vigorously each time. Once all of the milk has been incorporated, cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the grated Yorkshire Cheddar cheese and stir until it’s melted and bubbly. Add cooked pasta and stir it all together.
Making the toasties:
- Heat your toastie machine or frying pan.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side.
- Put a slice of bread, butter side down, on the hot plate and add a large spoonful of macaroni cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread – butter side up and close the toastie machine
- Cook for 3 minutes then carefully open the machine – cook for a minute or 3 longer if needed, so the bread is well cooked and golden brown.
- Repeat to make as many toasties as you like – but let them rest for a few minutes before serving as the filling will be scorching hot!
We’ll be looking out for your toastie photos on social media! Tag us & #toastietogehter so we can see!