With this toastie, we’re bringing it back to the old school! Cheese (our Double Yorkshire, of course!), Bacon, Spring Onions! Bish, bash, bosh! A simple cheese toastie, perfect for a lunchtime treat, after work snack…or breakfast sandwich, if that’s how you roll!
- Double Yorkshire Cheese (we like to measure out about 50g, but the more the merrier!)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 2 Slices of Bacon
- 2 Slices of Sourdough (any bread goes!)
- Yorkshire Butter
- Cut bacon into small pieces and pan-fry on a medium heat until crispy.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of sourdough, grate your cheese and finely chop your spring onion.
- Remove bacon from the pan and pop to one side. Put 1 slice of sourdough, butter side down in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the grated cheese, spring onion and bacon on top of the bread in the pan.
- Top the sandwich with the 2nd slice of sourdough (butter side up) and squash down.
- Leave to cook in the pan until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom slice of bread is a golden brown (3-5 mins)
- Flip the toastie again, squash and cook until golden.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
Cream Team Top Tip: Weigh your toastie down with a spatula, carton of passata or tin of beans 😀
Thank you to Holly & Ross from ‘The Meals We Make’ on Instagram for this smashin’ recipe!